idea

Started by funny-popsicle, September 26, 2006, 08:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funny-popsicle

I know this is more or less a board game directed
base for games, but have you thought about getting
together a group of people, a graphics designer (me ::) )
a action scripter or programmer, ( about 10 of each or more hehe)
an artist ( i see you have some great ones already :D IE: nicley
drawn character pics )
Story ( got campaigns already hehe )
and make a game similar to diablo or wow or
some 3d or 2d game based on D and D and Rpg
playing? This would be the best game if you made all the
characters available for play, Especially ogres teehee.

avisarr

I would love to see Khoras evolve into some sort of online graphics heavy MMOG (massive multiplayer online game). However... realistically, it takes a massive team of artists and programmers to bring such a thing to life. You mentioned a team of 10 programmers, and yes, that's about what it would take.   :D  I don't have those kinds of resources. Most programmers and artists won't work for a year on a massive project within pay. I don't mean to squash the idea... it'd be great. Really. But I don't have the money or resources to assemble such a team.

As long as we're wishing, I would not only like to see Khoras evolve into an online game, I'd like it to use a new graphics engine I just heard about. I think it's called Project Offset. It's being coded by a programmer prodigy named Sam McGrath (I think that's his name). He's building a real time graphics engine that looks as good as what you see in animated movies. It's amazing stuff. The future of online games looks bright! www.projectoffset.com  And just tonight, I heard about another company building a game with high quality real time graphics. Within 5 years, we're all going to be playing games that look like Hollywood movies.  :D

funny-popsicle

well that would be for a game of
higher caliber ( 3d graphics, realistic
world setting ) But for a simple
2d game morely based on story line
does not take too much time at all.
if you have ever gone on about and
looked at old Ps1 games, or some snes
game credits, there are about 10-15 people
involved, including 3-5 programmers,
But i dont mean PAY people, i mean as
donate their time toward making Khoras into
a RPG video game on the pc. IT could start
out like a bird eye view 2d game, and with time
become much more popular with more
options to choose. Not that its bad right now, its
real fun, so many possibilites to make simple
board games and card games with
the story line and information provided already.
Dunno about any else but i usualy am quick
in giving my Computer skill and Abilitiy to
Forwarding to these kind of things because
in the end it usualy pays off. But yeah maybe
in the future there will be more supporters
and people who like Khoras so much as they
would like to contribute their time to helping
making a Multiplayer, or even single player
game.

i dont want to play characters who look
like people.. it will be a big guilt factor
in Grand theft auto games :P

avisarr

Coincidentally, someone emailed me TONIGHT and said they are building an online game and they would like to use Khoras as the setting. They envision a game where story is more important than cool graphics. It'll be a d20 open source game. Anyway, I told them yes, they can use Khoras. The URL, if you're interested, is kon.sourceforge.net - it's called Keys of Naand. It looks like a small team of artists and programmers and they are just at the very beginning stages of their project. However, great things start small. I wish them success and I hope that we are all able to play an online graphical game based on Khoras before too long.

funny-popsicle

awesome. sounds like they may be the first
to create a full fledged game for khoras. And
who cares about the graphics..  2d ? so? its
all good. Im betting by the end of this year
there will be many people starting to use
khoras for game stories. why i got a
couple friends who are looking for world builder
sites to  make a game :P

avisarr

To follow up... the Keys of Naand guys, it turns out, are also looking at the world of Meln and the world of Farland, as possibilities. So, they haven't definitely settled on Khoras. If you're interested at looking at these other two worlds which are being considered, you can find links to them on the Khoras Awards & Links page.

Also, the screenshots on the Keys of Naand web site look like 3D, so I'm not sure what they mean when they say it's a 2D game.

tanis

well its still pretty kool lol got my fingers crossed lol
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Gena06

similar to diablo? i can come up with ideas for that and if you need an artist im good at pixel art ;D
imagination its never quite there but you can feel it

tanis

if this helps any the guy who created the sims and simcity and all that is making a game called spore which comes out on september 7 08 and its basically sim everything. if you haven't heard of it check it out, but the truth is he used algorythmic programming instead of data programming to allow for a massively single player galaxy where everything is modifiable and where you can go to each individual planet or terraform your own. you can even drop a monolith on a planet to see what civilization it will form like in 2001: A Space Odyssey. in my opinion its the future of gaming period. the shear scope is incredible, and i think it would do khoras more justice once it becomes more advanced and the boundaries allow it better. i would love to see a 3d high graphics world where you can literally go outside the game and create your own adventure, world , rules, monsters, whatever. so... just a suggestion, but i think you should definitely check it out. the url is www.spore.com.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.