Perecho Heights: A Writing Community Based in the World of Khoras

Started by Lance, February 13, 2007, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

I know its a long name, but I think it fits well. I believe that its about time to get this thing rolling. I'm not completely done with it, especially since I'm not even going to be using the actual website to run things right now. I'm still not proficient enough with HTML to make it look the way I want it to look. SO until then I'll just be running things from the Forum.

All of the necessary information for the game can be found in the bottom category under Game Info. Not all of the information is up yet, but I think its enough to get things started soon. So just go there and check things out. If you'd like to see anything different then please say so on the forum, or if you'd like to recommend something then say that as well. Discussion is a good thing, it keeps people's interest and it allows for everyone to get to know each other.

http://zarcov.smfforfree.com/index.php

Thats the forum everyone, ENJOY!

ziggyboo

Hey, I've got a lot of time on my hands, and I'm not too shabby at putting together websites.  I like working with html (CSS even moreso), so if you wanted any help making things look how you want them to, I'd certainly be willing to try.  Of course, I fully understand wanting to do it yourself, too.  Anyway, if you do want any help, drop me an email. :)  It's my user name at gmail dot com.

Lance

I'm good with that Ziggyboo. I'm in Baton Rouge right now, trying to decide whether we're headed to New Orleans or not. I'll be back in Ruston where I live on Tues. So if you get on and see this before then Send me a message or something, and we'll see what we need to do to get everything working. Appreciate it.

ziggyboo

All righty--I sent an email to your gmail account. :)

Oh... er, and apparently it won't deliver the email.  Ooookay then.  I'll drop you a PM here instead.

Lance

Been back for a few days, just haven't said anything. Things should get moving over the next few days. Everyone feel free to join and start putting some ideas on the boards.

Lance

Here is a revised history of Perecho Heights. I hope everyone enjoys it. Let me know if you see any errors or anything that doesn't seem plausible. Thanks.

QuoteThe story of Perecho Heights is as steeped in culture and mystery as the people that pass through its gates daily. Spanning over 2500  years, the long history of Perecho Heights can be traced all the way back to the Thullian Empire. The double bridge's that span the Stout River, and the fortress that sits on the center of Perecho Isle were erected by that mighty empire, and through great design and absolutely amazing engineering both the bridge's and the fortress managed to weather the storm that came after the Sundering.

After the war began the fortress isle of Perecho (the actual name of the fortress then has been lost over time) switched sides many times, eventually being taken by a Traxxian Legion Lord by the name of Vllanis Perecho, and renamed the island and the fortress that guarded the island after himself and since then the name never changed. The lord ruled over the Island and the surrounding lands til his death many years later, and his eldest son took over as the leader of his father's land and forces, and so the line of succession continued until the fall of the Traxx Legion itself. With the fall of the Traxx Legion Perecho Heights, as it was named later because of the steep cliffs that the fortress and surrounding town sit upon, was left to itself as an independent city-state.

Eventually there was no clear successor to take the thrown and a mini-civil war erupted. At one point there were six different rulers in a years period, and this trend continued until around 916CY when a young general by the name of Sendric Ellender rose to power in the region a took the thrown for himself. Despite his young age, he proved to be an amazing leader and began maneuvering Perecho Heights into the main stopping point on the Stout River for trade and anything else that might be needed. The bridge's and the large road that ran across the island also gave it a unique advantage on the trade that passed through that was as well. Lord Ellender was able to take advantage of all of this before his death and was there to watch his city grow into one of the strongest baronies in the south, and was there when the nation of Ormek was formed.

It is still one of the largest cities in Ormek, and, though its small its small, it commands the most disciplined army within its nations border. With the death of Talinvar Orbak, and the rise of Douni bloodline many undeserving and minor merchants, thieves, and undeserving warriors have been given positions in the once great noble court in Stovicar. Llarge plots of land have been given to these men and women as well, which has made it very difficult of the rightful leader's of Perecho Heights to lead the city down the path that it needs to follow, but so far they have made do.

tanis

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Lance

I've updated a few things on the Inns, Taverns, Etc. page. I've also updated the City Districts page, and fixed many of the more complicated problems I had with the city info . I hope it makes a bit more sense now. I also added a bit to my its a "Fine Day" short story. Hopefully everyone can tell where the story is headed a bit better now.

Lance

New look around the website. http://zarcov.sitesled.com As you can tell by looking around there are nothing about stats or the like. I don't think I'm going to have stats. Just characters and their classes. Probably have a place for wizards/sorcerers/clerics/etc. to put all of their spells and whatnot, and a place for characters to put the items they find. But stats shouldn't be a major factor in how a person writes about their characters. I'll explain more on the website in a few days, finals just ended at school so I'll have a bit more time over the break for Thanksgiving.

Lance

As far as I know there is very little actual work to be done on the site. Check out the join applications page to see what you need to too join. http://zarcov.sitesled.joining.htm

So if any of you would love to write stories in the Khoras Universe then feel free to stop by. I don't require all stories to take place in Perecho Heights or in Ormek. I only hope that you include them in your stories sometimes. :-P

So anyone who is interested in creating a character there then let me know and I'll give something extra to anyone who tells me they found the link here.

sid6.7

Quote from: Lance on November 16, 2007, 03:40:24 AM
As far as I know there is very little actual work to be done on the site. Check out the join applications page to see what you need to too join. http://zarcov.sitesled.joining.htm

So if any of you would love to write stories in the Khoras Universe then feel free to stop by. I don't require all stories to take place in Perecho Heights or in Ormek. I only hope that you include them in your stories sometimes. :-P

So anyone who is interested in creating a character there then let me know and I'll give something extra to anyone who tells me they found the link here.

bad link

Lance

Golanthius

Hey Lance - I was just checking out your site, I can't get any of the pics to show...Is it the site or my 'puter? Anyway I'm going back and fill out the join request...