Timeline mistakes

Started by Delbareth, March 19, 2009, 12:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delbareth

Haha! The proofreader is going to flood you! ;D

Timeline :

4,500 BT    -    -    Beginning of the Kingdom of Anhara.
3,700 BT    -    -    Unification of the Darzek Tribes.

In the Age of Dawning page, the Darzek's Tribes were found in 4500 BT (the kingdom of Anhara is not dated)" - Fixed

2,400 BT    -    -    First recording appearance of the Barakus Clans. - Fixed
   If the Barakus clan were found after the kingdom of Anhara, you should describe thier history after in the Age of Dawning page (chronological order)

345 TIC    9    8    To distance itself from politics, the Alliance relocates to the city of North Aden.  - Fixed

I think this is not the good date, and this line in not sorted with the others in the chronological order.

2 CY    5    16    Prison of Asylum Overthrown - Major landquake devastates the southern regions of Ithrian. Prisoners in a Thullian prison take advantage of the event and overthrow their guards.
It's probably a traxxian prison (not thullian prison). And this is in conflict with :
771 CY    6    10    The city of Asylum is founded. Prison riot in the dungeon keep of Shirdan allows prisoners, led by the rebel Symok, to overpower guards and obtain control of the entire prison complex. The town of Shirden is taken over the next day. The town is renamed "Asylum". All laws are declared void and the gates to the city are burned. Asylum formerly declares itself an independent city and Symok crowns himself king.

Their are two different date for a similar event. If there is only one (and the other is a mistake),the second one is much more credible. Because we cannot see why the Traxx Legion would have left this town free for so long. - Fixed

89 CY    5    16    Thullian Capital Falls - Last Alliance mage lord, Mandacas, is captured and executed by Traxxian forces at the Siege of Bekai, the capital city of the Thullian Empire. Bekai falls and the empire begins to crumble.
If the Empire "begins to crumble", there shouldn't be 250 years of war after that. Or it do not begin to crumble.  - Fixed. The city of Bekai did fall on this day, but it's premature to say that the Empire began to crumble on this day. It's been reworded.

309 CY    10    17    Adaptors Are Created - The Thullian Empire creates a group of magically enhanced warriors called adaptors which are used for a variety of war-related functions.

327 CY    10    27    Adaptors Enter Baen - A group of adaptors are sent into the wastelands of the Baen Valley  to search the ruins there and retrieve whatever Alliance artifacts they can find. The adaptors are the only beings able to endure the conditions there. This group are called the Baenites because of their mission.

Weren't they created just to explore the Baen Desert? Why did they wait 18 years before sending them there? And if not, what type a functions had they? It is said "warriors able to adapt to any environment or condition." in Great War page, but what environnement or condition needed such magical warrior if not the Baen desert?

The adaptors were not created just for the Baen Desert. They were used in many missions before they were sent into the Baen Desert. They were used in a variety of environments - arctic, swamp, mountain, subterranean, desert, deep forest, highly irradiated magical zones, alternate planes, essence storms and so forth.

621 CY    3    9    Talis is discovered. The Traxx Legion first encounters the phellysians of the west and they are recognized as an independent nation.

According to the history of phellysian, they were already there in the age of Dream. I cannot believe that they had to "wait" more than 600 years to be seen by the Traxx Legion (a very powerfull neightboor). 621 CY is also mentioned as the founding date in the Talis page. Even if they were discovered at this time, they existed long before...  - Fixed

765 CY    2    24    Myria discovered. Primitives are discovered by a Traxx Legion sea faring captain living in the southwest and the area is named Myria.

Same thing that for Talis. Myrien existed long before and formed their own nation. Not discovered for 500-1000 years? And the Myria page mentioned also the date 765 CY as their founding year...

I've altered this one so that the specific date makes sense. And this new data is on the timeline now. Here it is... Captain Kassen, a Traxxian sea faring captain, having spent years living amongst the Myrians, returns to the Traxx Legion with tales and artifacts of Myria. Although there had been several previous encounters with the myrians, Kassen's tales ignite interest in Myria. Beginning this year, Myria is included on Traxxian maps.

1454 CY    6    6    Thurin Generates Support - With the political clout of having recaptured the Citadel from the forces of darkness, Alfred Thurin is able to generate support in the court of Rukemia.
1456 CY    7    19    Rukemian Empire Founded - An ambitious baron, popular with the commoners, overthrows the corrupt king of Rukemia and publicly executes him. The baron, Alfred Thurin, declares himself Emperor and renames the Kingdom of Rukemia as the Rukemian Empire.

The second line was written long before the first one and seems now "strange". The ambitious baron is obviously Alfred Thurin...   - Fixed

2705 CY    6    7    Second Demon War Begins - ...
2709    1    5    Siege of Myranor - ...
2711 CY    8    9    Second Demon War Ends - ...

Waaaaaaaaaaoooo! You have changed some dates and the war is declared earlier than before! Gosh!
Too bad, I cannot change all the dates of my campaigns and I have to differ significantly from the website (I don't like that)
Snif...

Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.

Delbareth

Uuuuh
It was a joke! In fact I didn't expect to effectively flood you by adding proofreading to your long "to do" list. ;)
Are you still alive? (because I have a new list)
Delbareth

avisarr

Believe it or not, I have NOT forgotten about this one. It's been on the "to do" list for WAY too long. But this collection of timeline fixes is on the list and has never left my mind.

Man, I wish I was independently wealthy and didn't have to work all the time. Would love to have tons of free time to work on Khoras. There are piles and PILES of Khoras notes that haven't been uploaded yet. Plus there's the new world map, the city maps, the underworld, the interactive database idea... so much to do, so little time...

I need a wealthy benefactor ...  ;)

tanis

When you find one, let me know. I could use college funds. And not having to work would be nice, too.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

avisarr

I'm declaring this list of errors as FIXED!  ;D

Delbareth

Delbareth