New short story

Started by avisarr, June 16, 2011, 06:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avisarr

For those of you who don't know, my best friend Mark Price asked for a very specific birthday present a couple of years ago. He wanted a short story, set in Khoras, featuring Callister Draabyn, his all-time favorite D&D character who had featured prominently in a couple of the big campaigns from the old days. Two years ago I wrote the "Callister Draabyn" story, which you can find in the Tales section.

Well, he liked the story so much, he asked for another one this year. The new story is called "The Offering" and it was the May spotlight. It's a longer story. The first half has been online for a couple of weeks now. As of today, the complete story is online. Hope you like it.

By the way, I did do some minor tweaks to the first half, so if you already read the first half, feel free to reread it. But don't feel like you have to... the changes are minor.

I enjoyed writing this and I am planning on doing more short stories set in Khoras. At least one or two more later this year. Also, this new short story introduces several new characters and details about the city of Freeport (where the story is set). This month, I'll be adding those characters and details to the site.

Lance

Sounds good David. I'll start reading this when I finish the book that I am reading right now.

tanis

That's awesome. I'll go ahead and check it out!
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

tanis

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.