Author Topic: Recent stuff  (Read 2981 times)

Offline David Roomes

• Khoras Creator
  • Forum Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • MSN Messenger - David.Roomes@paccar.com
    • View Profile
    • The World of Khoras
    • Email
Recent stuff
« on: September 28, 2011, 09:21:06 PM »
It has been pointed out to me recently that the Khoras forum has been a bit quiet lately, and I heartily agree. So, it's time for me to make some noise.

News from Khoras:

1. The Search button (which has been broken for awhile) has been put back online. I'm using Google's free search option. So, there will be ads, true. But on the positive side, the search feature works pretty well. Try it out. Just ignore the ads and check out the results.

2. The Site Map page has been updated and all of the broken links fixed. So, the Random Khoras Page button casts a wider net now. Feel free to play around with that feature. I like it. It's a great way to discover some of those dusty hidden corners of the website that you rarely see. I myself have discovered a few pages that I had forgotten about.

3. Finally, I can't remember if I mentioned it anywhere else on the site, but the pictures from my trip to France have indeed been posted. One of things I wanted to do in France was take a lot of pictures that might be useful for Khoras. In the end, I ended up using about 40-50 photos and they have been uploaded. They are scattered all over the site - wizard schools, ruins, cities and so forth. No, I'm not going to tell you where they are. You'll just have to explore.  ;)

By the way, I've noticed that sometimes Khoras changes don't show up on some browsers. For instance, when I use Internet Explorer all changes are immediately available. However, when I view Khoras with Chrome, I sometimes have to manually empty out the cache for the changes to show up. So, if you don't see the new Search page, it might be that your browser is using an old cached copy. Trying emptying out your cache and that might help.
David M. Roomes
Creator of the World of Khoras

Offline David Roomes

• Khoras Creator
  • Forum Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
    • The World of Khoras
    • Email
Re: Recent stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 12:57:05 AM »
Ok, NOW the Search button is working. No, really... :)
David M. Roomes

Offline Melchior

• Contributing Member
    • View Profile
    • University of Greifswald [English]
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 05:19:41 AM »
Oh, good. I was trying it yesterday and it was still the old, faulty button. I kept refreshing my browser, thinking it was just the old, updated page. :-[

Speaking of errors: the link to Curative Draughts on the Merchandise > Magic page doesn't work. (fortunately for nosy me, I managed to cut the HealPotion.htm off the end, and I got the correct page that way. ;D) Now I have more magic potions to use. I have to say I love them. Very inventive, especially things like Shadak Gruel. That's going to be fun to use!
This corner of the earth smiles for me more than any other.

Offline David Roomes

• Khoras Creator
  • Forum Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
    • The World of Khoras
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 09:13:13 PM »
That link has been fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.
David M. Roomes