Main Menu

Bastion

Started by tanis, April 27, 2012, 07:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanis

Hey everybody! So, I've been stuck with nothing to do and a family issue that means I haven't been able to get out of the house much lately, and I finally got on Xbox Live and downloaded Bastion. I haven't quite beat it yet, but it has been fantastic! I was just curious if anyone else has heard of it or played it, either on 360 or pc, and also kind of wondering what you guys think about independent art RPGs like Bastion.

Of course, if no one else has heard of it, I can also always describe it a little more fully, and recommend it to anyone interested. ;D
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

David Roomes

Sorry for the very delayed response. I've been away, but I'm back now.

So, Bastion! No, I'll be honest, never heard of it. I do like the colorful art style of it though.
David M. Roomes
Creator of the World of Khoras

tanis

Lol. It's cool Dave. As for Bastion, I have to admit, I haven't finished it yet, between life and laziness, but I'm very close to the end of the game. Personally, as someone who mostly plays RPG video games, or really video games in general, I find that seeing people do new and interesting things really brightens my day, and it's a big plus when that game has a great plot, surprising depth for such a small game, and new takes on RPG mechanics.

I might be biased just a little bit, however. Anyways, if any of you feel like trying it out, whether that be on 360, pc, or in your Chrome browser, it's definitely worth the small amount of money, and if anybody plays it, I'd love to get some feedback about your experience with the game. Btw, there are two endings, just to let you know.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.