Work on Khoras suspended.

Started by David Roomes, May 15, 2014, 09:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Roomes

Much to my regret, all work on Khoras is temporarily suspended until further notice. And yes, this includes the religion section. I know a couple of you are eagerly awaiting the new Religion section and I apologize for the continued delays.

Here's the story... a very good friend of mine was arrested for a crime she did NOT commit. This all started about 2 weeks ago and it has pretty much turned the month of May into a train wreck. These days, I find myself mired in cops, lawyers and the American legal system (which is a complete and utter mess). I need to help her get free from this legal entanglement before I can do anything else. Yes, this is a very big deal. It's important. And it was completely unexpected.

So, for now, Khoras is on hold along with other projects. I will return to Khoras and the work on the religion section as soon as I can. Right now, that looks like it will most likely be mid-June. Again, sorry for the delay.
David M. Roomes
Creator of the World of Khoras

Delbareth

Don't be sorry.
In French I would say "C'est tout a ton honneur!", which I can try to translate into the pachydermiuc sentence "It will be applied to your credits" (? Tanis do you approve that?)
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.

sid6.7

i understand david real life gets in the way sometimes, i hope your friend is okay and safe during this trying time...prayers out

David Roomes

Thanks guys. I appreciate your understanding and patience.
David M. Roomes

David Roomes

Just a heads up. As of 2 days ago, I've resumed work on the Religion section. It's slow going though. I want to have at least a dozen gods finished and then unveil them as a group. Working hard on it. I don't think I'm gonna make you wait until it's entirely done. I think I'll get "enough" done, unveil the master plan and then keep banging away on it, one religion at a time. I can see this going through the summer with a new god every week.
David M. Roomes

sid6.7

good to hear, hope your friend is doing well also...

tanis

Sounds good to me.

Oh, and Delbareth, I think that idiom doesn't really translate into English precisely, but I'd probably translate it as something like, "It's to your credit."
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

David Roomes

Getting closer to posting some new religion material. I hope to post the first round of new material next week. This first round will include an "outline" for all the deities. So, right away, you'll be able to see the names of the gods, their domains and a very brief, thumbnail description - for all of them. That should give you a good idea of the scope of this new religion section. Then I'm going to start posting one deity every couple days (until I get caught up with what's been written so far) at which point it may slow down to one deity per week. :)

After reading the outline, some of you may be wondering "what happened to so-and-so?" The truth is that some of the deities have been combined. If you're curious, I could include information as to which original deities were combined and what elements/inspirations went into each of the gods. Would that help satisfy curiosity or spoil the magic? Related to that... A very long time ago, I asked here on the forum which gods people really liked and wanted to see kept. I got several responses. I made a list of those gods and, for the most part, those gods survived the cut. There were only a couple of exceptions. Even if a god you liked got cut, I'm hoping that you find a new god that you like even better.

On a related note, I have been doing a lot of reading. I have completed reading the religion and deity sections for about 80 online campaign settings... just for inspiration and such. My hope is that the new Khoras religion section brings it up to par with the rest of the RPG worlds out there. And hopefully, with this new material, the religion section will no longer be the "weakest link in the chain". Maybe in a couple of months, after you've had a chance to review the whole thing, you can tell me if I've succeeded.
David M. Roomes

sid6.7

very cool david and thank you for doing this i'm sure it will be a success....

David Roomes

Just a quick update on a couple of things.

First of all, after three and a half long months, my friend was acquitted of all charges and the case was dismissed. So, it took a while, but in the end, everything worked out. I am no longer dealing with the American legal system (thank goodness). So that's done.

Second, as I'm sure you guys have noticed, I've been posting stuff on the religion section, here and there, as I've had time. All of the Elder Gods have been posted. Half of the Celestials are posted. I'm going to use September to finish the Celestials and get as far into the Dark Lords as I can. I think the Dark Lords are going to be a lot of fun. :)

Then October can be devoted to the Kindred Gods. After that, I'll do some work on the religions of Aggradar and Qeshir. So, it is taking much longer than I wanted, but the overhaul of all Khoras religions is coming along slowly.

David M. Roomes

Delbareth

Very good news for your friend. It's a pity to spent so much time, effort and probably money when you have to fight the blind justice.

I also noticed the big amount of stuff you posted. It is really a very good job, and I want to congratulate you.
You're going through this religion overhaul like a bulldozer!
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.

sid6.7

good to hear dave i'm glad its over for you...