Three Short Stories

Started by David Roomes, June 21, 2019, 08:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Roomes

My best friend and creative collaborator, Mark Price, and I have written three short stories together which have been recently published in Dragon Magazine.

The first was a few months ago. It's called "Secrets of the Deep". The second is "Raven's Reckoning" about two months ago. Those first two short stories both feature a female rogue named Braya. And the third short story, "The Henchman", was just published a couple days ago.

You can find all three of them at www.dragonmag.com. The specific issues are below:

Secrets of the Deep - Issue 20
Raven's Reckoning - Issue 23
The Henchman - Issue 26

These aren't Khoras short stories. In fact, the first two take place in the Forgotten Realms. The third was based on the new "Ghosts of Saltmarsh" adventure which Wizards of the Coast just published and that adventure can technically be put in any world. So they aren't Khoras related, but they are swords-and-sorcery fantasy.

Writing them was a lot of fun and yes, we are planning on writing more. I will be more timely with notification here in the forum about any future stories.

David M. Roomes
Creator of the World of Khoras

tanis

Congratulations, that's really cool!
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

David Roomes

Thank you!

Yeah, I've been getting back into writing lately and enjoying it very much. More short stories to come, hopefully.

I've also been doing more 3D computer generated art. My goal it to release a new CG image every month for Khoras. The first new image was the Citadel, the second piece was Death's Door. Next up is the Core Crystal that was central to the Focusing/Sundering. After that, the CG art will probably be related to whatever spotlight item I'm working on that month.  That's the goal, anyway.
David M. Roomes
Creator of the World of Khoras

tanis

1) "Braya", huh? I know a Callister story when I see one. ;)

2) Holy shit, those were all excellent, especially the most recent one. I especially loved the implication for all those poor henchmen and hirelings getting drug hither and yon on adventurers' business.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.