Khoras Map

Started by David Roomes, April 20, 2020, 04:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Roomes

For those interested, I just posted the FIRST version of the Khoras map. The original hand drawn map I created around 1991 or so. Around 1995, I cut it into 8 pieces so that it could be scanned and digitized. The pieces went into storage. After I created version 2 and then version 3, the digitized copy of version 1 got lost somewhere along the way. For awhile, I feared I had lost version one entirely.

I still haven't recovered the actual original pieces (it's a long story), but I hope to acquire them later this year. Anyway, last week I was going through some of the really old Khoras papers and stumbled upon a set of really good color photocopies of the original 8 pieces. I was thrilled. So I scanned those in and stitched them back together with Photoshop. It required some fudging as a small amount of material along the seams was missing. Despite this, it's fairly accurate. I would say it's 99.9% accurate to the original. Anyway, I'm uploading it to the website just as a curiosity. All 4 versions of the map are now online and you can see how the world developed over time. Also, version 1 shows the original names of some of the major cities before they settled on their current names.

David M. Roomes
Creator of the World of Khoras

tanis

Cool! It's like finding an old family picture, but for the brainchild you post on the internet.  ;D

Nice bit of archiving on your part, making photocopies, btw.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Drul Morbok

Lol, this sounds like an ingame adventure - the mighty artifact upon which the world was created, is now divided into 8 parts whose whereabouts are unknown.

It is rumored that if the original 8 pieces are found and put together again, all changes applied to the map will equally apply to the world.

Sorry could not resist  ;D