Corvenian Magic and Drellis phase

Started by Delbareth, June 04, 2009, 03:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delbareth

Hello all!

The title says everything.
Corvenian people rely on magic for everything in their day to day life. But what happen to their magic during a Drellis phase. I guess like other magic it's deeply weakened and made chaotic. So the stars phase should have strongly influence Corvenian culture, more than any other culture. What do you think about that?
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.

avisarr

Here's one possible answer. Of course, you could play it up a number of different ways, but in my own campaign, this is how it works...

Because the Corvenians use magic in small ways every day, they are somewhat more adept at controlling their magic, even during a Drellis phase. So, the "chaotic" aspect of the Drellis phase affects them less than one would think.

They do suffer a decrease in overall power. But since their magic is somewhat weak by comparison, they don't lose that much. You could say that every mages is at about half power (50%) during a Drellis phase. So, by that logic, the Corvenians lose less power than other mages.

So, yes, it definitely affects them, but they are, perhaps, more able to deal with the change.

Delbareth

Ooooh!
I hadn't thought about that and I definitively like this point of view. :)
Thanks!
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.