Drellis effect

Started by Delbareth, September 24, 2010, 08:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delbareth

Hello all!

I have a very simple question : does Drellis effect works at night?  ???

I know I know as GM we can do whatever we want but I like coherent explanations. The magic section brings a lot of idea concerning the Drellis effect but it leads to somethings strange to me : if drellisian effect is due to "radiations" from Drellis, such radiation should not reach Khoras surface on the night side of the planet... And everybody knows that these radiations are absorbed by large amount of material (i.e kilometers of ground)

Personnally I do not want to obtain only a daily Drellis effect. :o Huuuugh!  :-X
If anyone has an idea?
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.

avisarr

I actually DID think about this when I first wrote it up.  :D  And as a DM, I don't want a Drellis effect that's only active during the day. I prefer to have the Drellis effect run for days at a time, continuously, through the whole stellar phase.

So, the way I think of it is that the radiation from Drellis irradiates everything on the surface of the planet. This "irradiation" effect continuous to weaken magic and it lasts for several hours. This  carries the Drellis effect through the night.