The Jaidor Talisman Campaign - Original Campaign Sessions

Started by avisarr, October 18, 2006, 11:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avisarr

Hi everyone,

I've started posting more notes on the Jaidor Talisman campaign. (I've had several requests to finish those notes up and I'm finally getting around to it... it's also part of the October spotlight). So, Section 3, Part 3 has been posted. More will come this weekend.

In conjunction with the Jaidor Talisman notes, I'm going to post the "session summaries" from the original campaign, when my players went through that campaign. The DM notes may be sloppy and hard to follow, but if you read the session summaries, the whole plot line may make more sense. At least I hope so. I used to have these session summaries posted here in the Forum, but when the host company had that big server crash 2 years ago, we lost everything on the forum, including those session summaries. Luckily, I've still got them. So, I'm going to repost them. If you have lots of free time and are interested, it will (hopefully) be an interesting read. But be warned, there's a lot of material. The damn campaign ran for 58 total sessions. So, it's a couple of hundred pages long at least. Should keep you occupied for a while.

So, feel free to post comments here on the forum. But, to keep the session summaries uncluttered, I think I'll lock them. You can read, but comments will have to be made separately. You can reply to this posting if you like.

For those of you who have been harassing me to get Jaidor Talisman stuff back online (and you know who you are :) ) here you go.

To everyone, enjoy.

By the way, I should add that I'm not going to alter or clean up the session summaries at all. These are the original summaries... and I'm just going to post them as is... unedited.

avisarr

I'm really glad you like them. A few comments on your comments:

1. When the Myrian twins starting faxing stuff home, it was GREAT. It was hilarious... there is a village somewhere in Myria filled with Rukemian art, treasure, tapestries, bowls, forks, shoes, etc. I can just picture it.

2. Rothgar jumping into that teleport bubble was the highlight of that session. I was secretly hoping someone would and one player, Henry, did EXACTLY what I wanted. Through the teleport bubble and then a running battle to and from the surge disruptor. It was fantastic. Sometimes, as a player, taking a leap of faith, just to get things rolling, is exactly what the plot needs. Even if it seems like suicide at the time.

3. Yes, I agree. It's a bit of a stretch to think that one character could break a code that the Empire hadn't been able to break in years. But it was necessary for the plot. Also, I should point out that Beth had created her character specifically for this purpose. Her character was a linguist, a language expert, a translator and, above all, a code breaker. She had devoted her entire character to that end. So, really, she was the ideal candidate for it. If anyone was going to break that code, it was going to be an expert code breaking like her character. So, it's not too much of a stretch.

4. The Siege of Myranor was intense. It took a solid 9 hour gaming session to play it out and it was very intense. When the battle was over, the players were completely out of ammunition - spells, arrows, darts, magic items charges - they had exhausted themselves and most were near death. But what a battle it was! And the sword fight between Callister and Sirreth was the highlight of this battle. We STILL talk about it, years later. :)  Mark has often said it was one of the best gaming experiences of his life.

5. I loved the Dimension Gate. It's still there in the Citadel and I think I might do something with that in the future.

6. Katharana drinking the poison... yeah, well, what can I say. She surprised me, if nothing else. And it did buy the party some time. I think ultimately she just wanted to try out a new character.

7. The final battle with Draxorith was bigger and more grandiose than it appeared in the session summary, but I was tired and couldn't really remember it that well. Plus, the Drax thing was a case of tying off a loose end. We just needed to wrap it up so we could get on with the main part of the plot.

Lance

I finished reading the things that are up so far a while back now, and I must say. Wow, some pretty ingenious stuff in there. I can be rather uncreative at times, so that kind of stuff amazes me.  ;)

avisarr

Thanks!

And I apologize to everyone for the long delay in finishing things up. I was pretty busy there for a couple of weeks and then, this past week, I've been in bed, sick as a dog. I'm getting over it and am FINALLY able to get back online. (Being offline for 8 days just felt plain weird). But I'm on the mend and everything will be back to normal soon! :)