Tell Us Your Stories

Started by avisarr, September 07, 2005, 01:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avisarr

Now that Phendar and I have opened up this part of the forum, I welcome anyone else to jump in. Feel free to tell us some of your more interesting sessions. It doesn't have to be formal or well written. Keep it casual. We're all fellow gamers here. :)  So, tell us about your best character, your favorite gaming moment, your best daring escape - whatever you want.

Delbareth

Ok
I remember of something. It's not necessarely the best gaming moment I have ever had but it was cool. As GM, it's no need to improve considerably monsters power ;), it's hard enough for players. They don't play great heroes with vast power or famous magical artifacts.

So, one time a player was on the way back to his home when he travel across a field of high herbs of all sort (a little bit like savanna). This area was known to be inhabited by a great number of giant scorpions. And he knew that, since the first time he passed through this field he met some of them. At this time it was only "small giant" scorpion, about 1 meter long, and he managed the danger.
   On his way back he was very careful to detect scorpions hidden in the high herbs. But this time, he met a big one, about 4-5 meters long. The player was quite nervous at this stage. He knew that he couldn't flee and then started the fight with the beast :-\. His character was powerful (in comparison with character of my other players) but it was not easy and he didn't reach to really hurt the monster. There, the player was more than nervous and worried about his character's life. At this moment I announced him that a second big scorpion was arriving from behind. Now the player's face was decomposed (I don't know if I can say that in English). Obviously, he knew that he hadn't a chance against this two monsters :-[.
   "Fortunately" for him, after few seconds of sadistic suspense, the second one has prefered a larger prey (scorpions often hunt each others). He has managed to escape during the scorpions fight and run without looking backward... After that, player has said me he really though that I wanted to kill his character. What a strange idea! 0:-) It was planed for like this since the beginning. ;D

When I say an area is dangerous, its dangerous. Now my players know that.  ;D
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.

avisarr

Good stories, Nargaroth. both of them. Geez, you've got some brutal players! Killing a whole temple full of priests? Man, that's harsh! :)

Delbareth

As it is said :
"Aucune intrigue n'est assez simple pour ne pas être comprise de travers."
which translation must be approximately :
"No plot are simple enough to not being misunderstood."
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.