Thanks so much! And in need of some advice...

Started by Eltern, February 22, 2006, 06:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delbareth

Tanis is not the only one to resurect old topics. ;)

I wanted to do some calculations of travel (distance, time...) in the Rukemian Empire. So I began by taking the distance between several big cities in order to have a scale. And I planed to use this scale to establish quite accurately "real" distances between big cities (by road, by sea), and between towns also.
But... I was very disapointed when I found my calculations incoherent... In fact, David, I'm afraid that the "Distance Chart" are a little bit wrong :-[. For example, it gives 460 miles between Myranor and Aridorn, and 275 between Myranor and the Citadel. But on a map, it is clear the Aridorn is further than The Citadel with a factor 2 at least (it would give 550 miles instead of 460). Or perhaps you already take into account the terrain type, which would lengthen the distance to The Citadel. But you say it's straight line in the introduction. So I'm disappointed... ???
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.

avisarr

I'll check the maps and charts. I'm going to add grids and scales to the maps and double check the distances on the chart. Stay tuned.