It's awfully quite in here lately...

Started by Golanthius, December 04, 2008, 08:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golanthius

It sure has been quite around the forum lately. It must be the time of year where everyone is really busy.
I'm writing the summary for Session 6 of the Avisarr, will post it soon.

Anyway, I just wanted to make some noise and see what's shaking.

C Ya

Delbareth

Aaaaaaaaaah :o
Let me sleeeep! ;D

I'm writing a story about the adventure we did in the Iron State. But it's long enough to do it in french, and I don't know if I will be able to translate it properly in english.
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.

avisarr

I just started a new campaign in Khoras and put a lot of prep time into it. You'll start seeing new stuff from the campaign trickle onto the site after the players see it. Also been busy with work and holidays and more. I think you're right... it's just that time of year when things get really busy.

Lance

I check in every day, but thats about all I have time to do. I am actually a couple of pages into another story I just need the time to sit down and finish it.

tanis

I'm pretty much the same, just check in every day or so.

Btw Delbareth, if you'd like I could help you with the translation. I've had 12 years of French and I'm very much afraid of losing what fluency I had. So besides the fact that I can aid with the English side, it would be nice to get a little practice in as well.  ;)

Anyways...

But yeah it always seems to get quiet in the late fall through midwinter, but it usually picks up a ton in the spring.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Delbareth

Oooooooooooooooooooooh ce serait bien ça!

But I guess there are a lot of "strange" vocabulary you won't know. I know how to say "sword", "axe", "crossbow" because a lot of games are in english and this vocabulary is then learned very young :D. But I don't think your teachers have teach you about "épée", "hache" and "arbalète"...  :-\
Anyway, when I will have finish that, we will speak about that again  ;)
Delbareth

tanis

Haha no problem.

And I know a little more French than that.  ;) :P Epee, sword, or, in fencing, a type of "sword" (in which case i use the term sword lightly) separate from and accompanied by the foil and saber. Hache is an axe, and is related to both the English words Axe and Hack, and arbalete has a circumflex because after Middle French the French stopped using S's that they no longer pronounced in several words, and an arbalest is an antiquated term for certain types of crossbows.

Mostly I just don't know how to cuss in French. I know like salaud, and I used to know a few others but they don't really teach that in middle and high school lol.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Kristian

I don't write here a lot altogether, but I'm also very busy at the moment. A big project at school which is due in january, writing and a weekly game are taking up a lot of my time.

I really enjoy playing again. It's been almost a year since we last played. And writing is always fun. The school stuff is killing me, though.  :)
- Kristian

Delbareth

Woaa!
I'm very impressed Tanis! Ok you wan surely help me... when I will have finished this story. ;) It's a rush between the writing advancement and my memory fading... :-\
Delbareth

tanis