Roads and Dragons

Started by David Roomes, August 16, 2018, 10:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Roomes

The new map is finished. I'm going to start replacing the individual nation maps (that appear on each nation's page) with the updated versions.

I have some questions...

1. Should those new nation maps include roads? I was originally planning on including a network of roads, but now I'm second-guessing that. What's your opinion? Should roads be marked on the nation maps or should they be left off for individual game masters to place where they want? Are roads on the map useful? Or is that curtailing creative freedom?

2. Same question with dragon lairs. For those dragons who have a known lair, should those lairs be marked on the map? Or is it better to give game masters freedom to adjust the exact lair location as needed? What's most useful?

I'd be interested in hearing opinions or arguments either way.

David M. Roomes
Creator of the World of Khoras

Laurent MEKKA

Yes, and yes :)

Even the cited Villages should be on the maps in my opinion. It's not forbidden to add others, any GM can add anything anywhere, but I like to see all things cited "canon" and placed on the map !

David Roomes

Thanks for the input.

Ok, I think I'm going to create a version of the map that has everything marked on it... roads, dragon lairs, some of the more important villages, shipwrecks, etc. Game masters would be free to use or alter, as with everything on the map. But I'll probably leave the current versions of the map on line as well. Give everybody access to the "marked" version and the "clean" version.
David M. Roomes

Laurent MEKKA

Delbareth

Hi David !

It's a long time I've not been here, even if I play on Khoras on a weekly basis.
First, congratulation for your map. It's a great work !

For your question, I have the same opinion than Laurent (a French bias ?). I would like to have as much information as possible as canon. Everybody is free to change anything if they want.
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.

David Roomes

Thanks for the input. I will definitely create a "master map" that includes everything. It's probably going to be a few weeks before I can return to the map, but I'll get there. In the meantime, I hope everyone enjoys the new map.
David M. Roomes

tanis

It's been a few months for me, too (been busy with life, going back to school, etc.), but I agree. I appreciate that you always ask this question, but my default answer will usually be in line with Laurent and Delbareth: we're petty tyrants of our own tables, so feel free to include as much canon information as you want, and we'll be free to take or leave anything you provide as it suits our needs.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.