Fauna Questions

Started by Kristian, January 28, 2006, 01:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristian

I'm currently working on drawing the forest fauna, and I've done the Arachnicon. But the arachtopus is giving me some problems. I can't figure out if this creature is walking around on the tips of its tentacles ("like a drunk spider") or if it's more like an octopus lying flat on the ground, dragging itself along. Also, does it have eyes?

Dave, what's your vision of this creature? What about the rest of you? Has anyone used this creature in-play before? What did it look like to you?
- Kristian

Kristian

About the eyes:  :P That's a bit embarrassing. I usually pride myself on getting all the details right and eveything. But I completely missed that one. Thanks  ;D

About the tentacles: Yeah I sort of figured that too, I guess. But David's description of a mix between a spider and an octopus, as well as the description of a drunk spider, had me a bit confused. Perhaps the spider look comes from the fact that the legs are situated at the equator of the body instead of the bottom.
- Kristian

avisarr

Bart is 100% correct. It lies flat on the ground, slaps a tentacle down and sort of pulls itself forward, dragging its body. It uses two or three tentacles typically. It can also extend those tentacles to reach out a little bit further than expected. It has suction cups to grip smooth surfaces. But generally, it drags its body... slow, relentless and terrifying. :)  Because of those suction cups it can crawl up walls and hang from ceilings.

Kristian

Right. Now all I have to do is draw it.  ;D
- Kristian