Khorasian 'Greatness'

Started by tanis, June 14, 2006, 04:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanis

You know what would be great?   

I know it would take a lot of time, but if there was some way that we all could form a party and experience Khoras firsthand with David, that would be really cool. Some day, somebody needs to link us up with an interface, and play over the internet in realtime. Maybe David could hook up a webcam to his comptuer that would let us see into just the area where he plays, and we play like that, or whatever. My dnd friends play in the Forgotten Realms still, and frankly are a little immature, doing things that are outright stupid sometimes, and they don't really play from the character's point of view, but instead play from there own viewpoint, with the character an extension of themselves. I enjoy watching them play, but it gets a little tiring to not really see much of a point in where they are going. I think our DM is a little too lenient or something, because the players just kinda do stuff without much cohesion. Anyways, it would be refreshing if I could play with more mature and experienced people once in a while.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

avisarr

The people you play with do indeed make a huge difference in the game style and the overall flow of play. No doubt about it. It's the players and the DM that make or break a campaign. I'm sorry to hear the players you are currently involved with aren't satisfying your needs.

Interesting idea about the webcam. Although honestly, I bet trying to do roleplaying through a webcam interface would be very difficult. Never tried it. But I think it'd be tough. It's just easier to do some stuff face to face. :)  Although it does sound like an interesting idea. I wonder if anyone has ever actually done role playing through a web cam?

Maybe one of these years we can all meet at a convention - GenCon or something like that - and have a Khoras gaming session. I've thought about that. That would be fun. Of course, aren't there 3 different GenCons now? One in Indianapolis, one in California and one in Europe. Right? Or am I wrong? It's been a while since I've looked at Gencon cause I haven't been able to go the last couple of years.

Anyway, getting out to the conventions is something I'm going to try to start doing. Maybe some of us can actually meet face to face.

tanis

It'd be nice, but as of now I'm 16, and about to be a junior, and don't plan on being over towards y'all, because I'm trying to get into M.I.T. or Georgia Tech, which keeps me over here indefinitely.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

avisarr

M.I.T.? That's great! I hope you get in. I applied to MIT, but didn't get in... ended up going to Carnegie Mellong like a lot that didn't get into MIT. :)

Lance

Don't forget LA Tech down here where I'm from, in the "deep south." *Snickers in Little Nicky fashion*

Anyways... I made it to A-kon last year, won't this year, but that's just because it's in Dallas. Gencon would be pushing my limits a bit as far as traveling goes, but I'd definitely still be interested in trying sometime.

tanis

Thanks about M.I.T., but I'll have to work hard 'cause though I could get in on test scores in the 6th grade, my GPA sucks. But, thats why there's next year.