Ok. I'll post something this weekend.
David M. Roomes
Creator of the World of Khoras

David Roomes

David M. Roomes

Drul Morbok

Totally awesome man!!!
The coastline looks a lot more scraggly (not sure if this term really fits), I'm really impressed, it looks much more "realistic". Well, of course the mountains and just everything else also look better and more realistic, but I'm most impressed by the coastline  ;D

And I'm all the more impressed when I think that is was not created by "Google Khoras" or some other highly equipped stuff, but by a single person as a hobby  :o

David Roomes

Thanks. Glad you like it. The new mountains are now done. I did the rivers yesterday and I'm working on island distribution and texturing next. So, I'm making slow and steady progress.

But I just know the cities, towns, roads and other bits of civilization are going to take weeks. So I'm estimating another month. My goal is to get it finished and posted by the end of July. That's my goal. On August 1st, I want to be DONE with the new map project and starting on something else.

I'm not sure how to deploy it. Option 1 - A single, large, really high resolution map (similar to what we have now)? Or Option 2 - a map that you can click on and it takes you to a "zoomed in" section of the main map and then you can click again and go to an even more zoomed in map that shows an even smaller section of the world. Each "step" of zoom would be a separate map.

I'm not sure which would be more useful/user friendly. Any ideas? I see pros and cons each way. Or maybe both options should be made available.

Anyway, I'm making progress.

David M. Roomes

David Roomes

To anyone who might be curious... progress on the new world map has been going very well. The main world map is about 98% done.

However, I need to take an extra day or two to fix a couple of things. So, I'm going to miss that deadline. I was really hoping to post it to the site tomorrow (July 31), but now it's looking like it'll probably be Thursday (August 2).

Anyway, it's really close.
David M. Roomes

David Roomes

David M. Roomes

sid6.7

AWESOME! ECELLENT WORK!! and man am I slow....

David Roomes

Better late than never. :)  Very glad to hear you like it.

I've noticed a pattern on the maps. I've done a version of the map about every 10 years.

Version 1 - 1991
Version 2 - 1998
Version 3 - 2008
Version 4 - 2018

So that means, Version 5 of the map will need to be done in 2028.

I have no idea what kind of technology I'll have in six years, but here's to hoping I can include every village, layers that you can turn on and off, zoomable down to the square kilometer, 3D terrain and who knows what else...

David M. Roomes