Asylum City Map

Started by avisarr, January 29, 2006, 11:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avisarr

The Asylum City Map has been posted to Asylum. 

Let's call it "Version 1". I'm not entirely satisfied with it yet, so I may revisit it at some point and make it better. But it'll do for now.

Based on the responses I got to my questions, I went for good detail, but not extreme detail. The map shows the whole city, but doesn't account for every building and alley. It just gives you a general feeling for the density in various sections of the city and the general location and shape of some of the more important buildings. I  hope you guys like it.

Currently, it's available in low res versions on the web pages and you can also get high resolution versions in JPEG or PDF format. Later on, I'll set it up grid style so you can zoom in to specific sections without having to load the entire map.

Don Anderson

David,

Great map -- how/what did you use to create it?

Regards,

Don

Delbareth

It is REALLY wonderful!  :D
In fact I was dubious about city map. But it was without counting on David's aptitude.
As previously said, it is detailled enough to appreciate the city configuration, but vague enough to keep the GM imagination.
Great job! :)
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.

Kristian

I agree. Great job on the map. Really exactly what I'd want to have if I were running a campaign in Khoras.
- Kristian

avisarr

Glad everyone likes it. I may update it and improve it slightly as time permits.

To answer Don's question, the map was done entirely in Adobe Photoshop. Future city maps will probably improve upon the technique. Asylum was sort of a test to lay the groundwork. We'll just have to wait and see how other city maps turn out. Hopefully, each one will be better than the last. :)

Lance

:o Good stuff, I'm very impressed. Maps fascinate me almost as much as the events that happen on them do. I've attempted at creating a world map for Errol, the world I'd mentioned in the previous topic, using photoshop more times than I can count. (Which isn't very high. *points at history major*) Sometime you'll have to eplain to me many of the tools you used in creating the world map for Khoras.  ;)

Keep up the good work on the city maps though. It will end up being an invaluable feature for any who use your world.

Phendar

/in character
Glad you remembered to not list my house as a sight-seeing spot. Would have cost ya some blood.
/character off
"The pen is only mightier than the sword, until I cut off your arm."
-Phendar