The A.R.M.A.

Started by tanis, April 13, 2006, 04:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanis

Hey, I just wanted to say I am enjoying this site more and more now that I have joined the forum, because it is obvious that not only is there a lot of thinking done here, there is a lot of reminiscing and Mr. Roomes already sounds like a really cool guy. DMR reigns. :o

Anyways, I started thinking, and I decided to tell you about a site I know of, which is not only cool, it is very informative. It is the ARMA or Association of Renaissance Martial Artists, a site devoted to preserving the historical and stylistic aspects of medieval European swords. I hope you will check it out, especially concerning sword nomenclature, which I find interesting. By the by, I know tons of interesting stuff about just about everything, and most things I can even explain, so if you have any questions and are having difficulty with a search, you can come to me. I know a lot of totally random and fairly obscure tidbits, especially concerning matters of antiquity.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

avisarr

Thanks for the heads up on the ARMA site. We'll be sure to check it out.

Kristian

Thanks for the tip, tanis. Looks like there's a lot of stuff to read on the site, and I'll see if I can check some of it out. Looks interesting.

By the way, TROS - The Riddle of Steel RPG - is officially approved by the ARMA for the realism in its combat rules.
- Kristian

tanis

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.