Asking a opinion

Started by Voron79, November 12, 2008, 04:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voron79

Finally finished the map of my own little world :D A world with the name: Balance

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/Herbar/BalanceNewmap.jpg

Just asking your opinions. (and checking if someone knows where I based this map on)  ;)

avisarr

Very nice map. I like it. I like maps that use those simple, but elegant color schemes.

tanis

Looks like Scandinavia, The upper Netherlands, or either the Hudson Bay or Northwest Territories parts of Canada.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Voron79

Quote from: tanis on November 13, 2008, 07:03:47 PM
Looks like Scandinavia, The upper Netherlands, or either the Hudson Bay or Northwest Territories parts of Canada.

100% wrong. My map is >75% bases on a Terraformed version of Mars  ;D

I mostly changed some details like the north/southe pole, mountains, lakes/rivers and a little bit of the coastline. I still have to put in some other things like where the deep parts of the ocean are, deserts, forrests and some city capitals. But at the moment I'm concentrating at expanding the backgroundof my favorite city :)

tanis

Now that you say that I do see where some of the coastlines have a resemblance to craters.

But I based my description on the coastlines rocky, jagged, broken edges, and because I only noticed the northern polar ice cap, it looked a lot like the coastlines of those areas, with the rest of the continental land mass truncated by the given world view.

I got the kind of impression you couldn't see the entire world, and that it was a flat regional map.

So if you take that into account and look at it again, you'll probably see what I'm saying.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.