Finally!!

Started by Golanthius, December 17, 2010, 08:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golanthius

I finally got the group to convert from AD&D 2E to D&D 3.5. I found a conversion manual that will convert the characters and I can also convert the adventure modules.

I will also be implementing some of David's house rules...Speaking of which, David, do you have any house rules pertaining to spellcasting?

One of mine is that we don't use material components (unless its something major like a 1,000 gp diamond or the like). Wizards do not have to carry a pinch of bat guano or an eye of a basilisk to cast a spell.

Also, I have one person roll initiative for the party and each member adds their modifier to that roll to set order of action.

Anyway, my first 3.5 adventure will be a converted version of Undermountain placed somewhere in Khoras.

avisarr

Congrats on getting them to convert over. I have several house rules pertaining to different parts of spell casting. Some are very specific to certain spells (for instance, I've severely limited teleport and related spells). Come to think of it, I've probably got too many house rules to cover here. I don't want to bore you to death. :)

Regarding spell components, I also am fairly lax about it. Most of the time, we assume that a wizard has minor components with him at all times.