New RPG team in Khoras

Started by Delbareth, January 10, 2006, 10:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delbareth

Hello!

I haven't been here for a long time. I have a new job since November and it's more difficult to spend time on Khoras site or forum. Sorry David, but it will be hard for me to continue my proofreading at my previous rate  :(. It's just a problem of time. I still like Khoras, I promise.  :D . Secondly I am interested by a copy of the film (Professional Courtesy). I will send you my postal address later.
   Sorry if my post is not in the right place, it's a bit confusing in my head.

I broke such a long silence to signal that I began to play in the World of Khoras with my friends. For the moment, only one player have played but others will follow soon (I hope, we have to "finish" another game before). It took a very long time (more than one year) between the decision to play in Khoras and the first game. As I don't like D&D, I use my own rule system and I have written a lot of rules to adapt it. It's a lot of work to go from a low-tech low-racial (!) and low-magical world to Khoras! In particular I had to create a whole system for "sorcery" (different from classical magic with spell) to take into account the wide spectrum of charms, spells, enchantments available. Deity system and miracle had also to be transformed...

BUT NOW IT'S OK  8) (... uh... quite ok...  ::) ... hmmm... almost... just about...   ;D)

The character of my first player is a Uthran human. As he wanted to play a human smith, I seemed to me interesting to begin in this part of the world. A posteriori, it's a wrong good idea. As Uthran is a PERFECT MIX of human and dwarves, it gives twice more work to deal with money, racial problems, beliefs and so on... Examples?
- as dwarves lives 200 to 250 years. What happens to him after his husband/wife died? May he get married again? It's against dwarves habits... what happen's for the children education...
- about currency you have to juggle between Kegran, Gold Hammer, Silver Sword, Krona, Mourin and Copper Dagger...
There are a lot of question that seem secondary but that you have to answer when you describe the universe. So I recommend for other game master to begin in another nation :)

Despite these points it was VERY PLEASANT to play in Khoras. We don't have played a long time but it was sufficient to have fun with dwarves, mines, the iron guilds, Lokos the Drakkellian and other things...

Thanks you David and congratulation again!  :D

Delbareth
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.