Programmers

Started by tanis, June 05, 2014, 01:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanis

Hey everybody.

I am currently preparing to develop a video game, and I'm trying to find programmers capable of building it. I figured I'd just see if anyone here knows anybody who might be willing and able to fill the roles, as I'll probably be looking for three or four guys of high caliber.

If you do, let me know soon, as this is not the only place I'll be searching, and in order to get the funding I'll need I will have to have everything set before I make a business plan.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

sid6.7

very cool! is it an RPG? 2D 3D?

tanis

It's a 3D exploration/survival RPG with action/adventure and stealth elements. Think Assassin's Creed plus Minecraft plus Fallout/Fallout 2 plus S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

sid6.7

oooohhhhh...i love survival stuff....i'll buy it!

tanis

Well, if it ever gets made, I'll let you know when it's out. XD

David Roomes

Have you thought about doing a Kickstarter type of thing to raise funds? A lot of computer games are getting financed that way. And yes, I'll buy a copy as well. :)
David M. Roomes
Creator of the World of Khoras

tanis

I intend to do that, but it's currently somewhat on the back burner, as I'm still looking for people to make it.

In the meantime, I'm prototyping a 2D Puzzle/Action Platformer in Stencyl where Friedrich Nietzsche is the main character, and my friend and I just designed all of a Western philosophers trading card game except for the cards and the final balancing last night in about three hours over text. XD

Once we have the game more or less developed, we'll probably do a Kickstarter campaign for it, so we can afford to produce the cards. I know you guys might not be into TCGs, but if we do a Kickstarter, any help (even just spreading the word) would be much appreciated.

The funds from that will also probably help fund the video games. :D

David Roomes

I'll donate to the Kickstarter fund and help spread the word. Good luck!
David M. Roomes

sid6.7

has this game gonna anywhere yet?

David Roomes

I concur. Is this on Kickstarter yet? If so, what name is it under?
David M. Roomes

tanis

Ha, no. I never found any programmers, so I shifted to other projects. Right now I'm mostly writing and revising poetry.

I'll go back to this eventually, because I believe too strongly in the concept, but I just don't have the resources to make this a thing, yet. Also, I'm about to take a programming course on Coursera, so that'll help, even if just a bit.

Thanks a lot for asking, though. :D