Duthelm 10 years ago

Started by Delbareth, November 09, 2007, 02:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delbareth

Hello!

My players play in the east of Ithria before the Second Demon War, and one of them was asking me question about the duthelm governement (In fact, his last character played in 2720, so Duthelm was a monarchy and Sillar was the queen. And he was surprised to discover that I put them several years in the past for the new "campagn").

On the website we can find several things :
- Duthelm used to be ruled by several groups, with a difficult balance of power
- Duthem is a monarchy for a very short time (from the 2715's point of view)
- the rulers follow a hereditary rule, but Sillar is the first one to access the throne this way
- Caramus "held Duthelm together" after the Second Demon war

From all these points, we could guess that Caramus was a king and he left the throne just after the war to let Sillar instead. But I'm not confortable with this theory (well, it's a theory for me ;)). It has always seemed to me that Caramus was not a king. Moreover, the ruler who led Duthelm in such a failure (xorian independance, internal conflict, loose of the war...) would be greatly disaprouved and not considered anymore. And it's not the case of Caramus, you surely agree :D

So here is another theory (with a lot of add-on from my own):
Duthelm was still ruled by several groups (Draxorith priests, Black Sorcerers, Red Eyes Corps, other unnamed military groups/guilds...). Black Sorcerers managed to call xorians and the war was begun. But not every groups were satisfied of these new allies. Within a year it's the disorder among Duthelm rulers, with tension between them and also with xorians. Then, Xorians decided to stop the war and to relocate in the north.
The war was a failure, and all groups which did not agree with the xorian incoming accusated the others to led Duthelm to the ruin. And so on... Then, Caramus, a high priest of Draxorith, prevent them from destroying each other and united them at the last minut against a strong assault from Kitar/Rukemia. He then appeared to be of great importance. He managed to establish a monarchy but gave the throne to his daughter Sillar because he did'nt want of such a position. He prefer to gather priests of Draxorith and Black Sorcerers (to oversee what they do), in order to control all "dark forces" of Duthelm.

What do you think of this. Is it far from what you though?
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.

avisarr

It's very close to how I play Duthelm. :)

Delbareth

Coooool!  8)
Then I was wondering if you had already thought (and written something somewhere) about the other political groups.  ;D

Personnally, I find very funny to play in such a political disorder with a big crisis incomming... :D
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.