Maps with no labels

Started by Slydog75, January 12, 2021, 12:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slydog75

HI Dave!  Do you happen to have world maps without labels on them? I'd like to use them for a game I"m starting on roll20 but I'd like to be able to decide what I want to reveal to the players at any given time.

Also, FYI, the 'forums' link in the top menu bar is broken.

David Roomes

I don't currently have a copy of the map without the labels, but I could make one. Wouldn't take long. Are you asking me to put it on the website and make it available to everyone or just email you a copy?

Also, the Forum button on the tab menu seems to be working for me. I have noticed that sometimes the server has a hiccup and the forum doesn't load properly. It comes up more like unformatted text. But that can usually be fixed by reloading the page. Is anyone else having trouble with the Forum button? I'll test it in a couple different browsers and make sure it works in all of them.

David M. Roomes
Creator of the World of Khoras

Slydog75

Hey David,

If you don't already have them, don't worry about it.  I can erase the names just as easy as you can.  Thought they might be handy for using on an online system like Roll20 where you don't want to reveal everything all at once.

Regarding the FOrum link, for whatever reason, none of my systems, with any browser, like loading the link as it currently points to index.php.. if I drop off the index.php and just go to khoras.net/chat (like the link on the site map page) it comes right up.

tanis

I'm not having this problem either, so it may be an issue on your end. I don't know if that helps you troubleshoot it, but...  ???
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

David Roomes

I'm happy to create a map without labels for you. Seriously, it's easy. It's like one mouse click. No big deal at all.

Got a question though - stripping the text labels off would still leave city markers, town markers, roads and other icons. Is that what you want? A map with cities and roads, but no text so you can rename them?

Or do you want a totally bare "geography only" map, with nothing on it and you can place towns and roads where you want?

David M. Roomes

sid6.7

i can't click directly on the forum link in chrome i have to right click on it and select open on another tab for the forum to load....

David Roomes

Not sure what that problem is... I'll look into it.
David M. Roomes