A new list to begin this new year

Started by Delbareth, January 07, 2009, 04:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delbareth

Here is the list of errors I had kept while you were beginning your new campaign ;D

Sybrenars race page :
- 1 in 1000 can study magic but only 1 school in the whole imperium " There is only one school of magic in the Imperium and that is the Imperial Academy of Arcane Sciences." (graduating a dozen new mage each year...). There are a lot of potential wizard but very very few can really study magic???  [Fixed.]
-  Technology section : "dark age" => but "middleage" in the Sybren Imperium page  [I don't understand the problem here. "Dark Ages" technology is more primitive than "Middle Ages" technology. The Sybren Imperium has "Middle Ages" technology].

Sybren Imperium :
    link demography => wrong destination  [Fixed.]

Ulkran page :
- History section : Durgen's Trek is said to be overground VS underground in History timeline page  [Fixed.]
- History section : what about the second groups said to be less known and gone by the underground route? [The second group was never seen again. This is one of those open-ended mysteries in Khoras, of which there are many. This is something that is left intentionally unanswered. Game masters can use it in their gaming. I may also write something up that explains the fate of the other group at some point. But for now, it's open for any game master to answer].

Kalimura page : very low proportion of arable land (25%) but this is a very flat land with a lot of grass field ???   [Fixed.]

Tyrrenkor page :
in the Festival list, there is no mention about the Blood Feasting found in the Festival page, and there are no mention about the Reaping festival (found in the Festival list of Tyrrenkor page) in the Festival page [Fixed.]

"People of Note - Coalition" page :
- the link "The Coalition" (at the very beginning of this page) is dead (in fact this link is dead in numerous other pages, for instance Rukemia and Mercia page) [Fixed. There was a problem with the HTML code. I think I got them all. ]
- idem for the link for Berosh, Peil and Tyrrenkor  [Fixed.]
- Caeqor : race said to be unknown in the Caeqor description, but it is written lich in all table of "people of note" section. Is it a way to hide some secret information in the website? ["Lich" is just what some people suspect... in actuality, his race is unknown as no one ever sees his face. This is open ended for Game Masters.]

Organization :
- The Chosen
         300 servants in the table (at the top of the page) and 100 in the text below (in the Membership section)  [Fixed.]
- The Council of Arcane Law
         not the same name between the organization list "arcane council" and the description page  [Fixed.]
         repetition of one sentence in the "allies and enemies" section  [Fixed.]
- The League of Stone and Steel :
         unfinished sentence at the end of the "goal and motivation" section  [Fixed.]
         no "steel" in the Middle-Age technology, so the name is a little bit strange, no?  [Actually, some cultures did have steel in the Middle Ages. However, you bring up a very good point. Therefore, I have added some notes to the League of Stone and Steel that explains their name and adds some more interest to the group and the region.]

Magic items :  [Both of these are going to be fixed in an upcoming overhaul of the Arcane Item section. So, I'm going to mark this one off since all arcane errors will soon be fixed].
- there is a category "artifact" but some object with an "artifact" power can be found out of this category (the mindmelding stone, the Tulyken's ring)
- Stasis Sphere : it is not explained how you choose which object you free from the sphere? just by a thought?

Trivia : dead links (no section behind) [These aren't on the Trivia page, but they would be a good read. I'll add them to the Spotlight after the Arcane Section].
- the worst way to die
- the 5 most influencial people in history
- the 5 most important moment in history
(and these sections should be VERY interresting to read)
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.

Delbareth

About the worst way to die, I bet that bore worms or arachtopus are in the top 5! :)
(Edit : perhaps we can move this post in the appropriate section and begin a "quizz" about the worst way to die)
Delbareth

avisarr

As you can see, I've started working on correcting the errors in this list. And yes, arachtopus and bore worms would both be in the top 5 I think!

In case I haven't said it before, Delbareth, thank you for taking the time to submit all of these errors. I do appreciate your help in proofreading the site.

Delbareth

Glad to help!  8)
I love when things are coherent, when information in one area fits with information in another distant area. :)
And I have a new list of error I can post when you want  ;D

About the Sybrenar' technology level, it is written in the Sybrenar race page: "The Sybren Imperium is Dark Ages technology". But int the Sybren Imperium page we can read: "Technology Level      Middle Ages". That's all. I recognize my explainations were a little bit confused ???
Delbareth