Locations!

Started by ziggyboo, October 31, 2006, 01:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggyboo

So I'm a little bored right now, and I got to wondering... where is everyone from?  I'm originally from Halifax, Nova Scotia myself, but right now I'm living in the southwestern part of Virginia.  What about everyone else? :)

avisarr

I was born in Ohio. Family moved to England and I lived 4 years in England when I was very young. Then the family moved back to Ohio and I lived there til I was in college. As soon as I was done with college, I headed out to the west coast. Lived in the state of Oregon for 3 years and then finally settled in Seattle, Washington. Been here for 10 years and I love it. I'm never leaving. Except for the occasional vacation. :)

I want to do a lot more travelling over the next few years. I'm hoping to come over to Europe again sometime. Maybe 2008. Heck, maybe I can even meet a few of you. That would be cool. :)

ziggyboo

Wow, you're a lucky guy, David.  I love traveling, but I haven't seen many places--my travels have all been limited to the east cost of North America.  I'd love to see some other places, though.  I've always wanted to travel to the UK in particular.

Lance

I was born in Denver, CO in late 1985. Moved to the outskirts of Houston, TX at 3. Parents tried to strangle each other >:( , and then I moved to north LA at the age of 7. Oh! Louisiana that is. ;) Lived here with the grandmother ever since. I attend Louisiana Tech University in the big city of Ruston. I've never done much traveling, mainly cause my grandparents didn't have any money by the time I came along. I do plan on making it to Virginia some day though. The history major in my demands to see some battlefields.

ziggyboo

Wow, you've been all over too.  More than me, anyway. :P  I moved around three times in the city of Halifax, and that was it until I moved to VA.  Have you been to Virginia before?  I like it here (although I wished I lived in a city instead of the sticks), it's really pretty.  It's a huge difference from living in Halifax, where I was right on the coastline.  Here it's all mountains... nothing like that at home.

But anyway, I'll quite rambling about the landscape now. :P

sid6.7

i was born in Iowa, but i've lived in virginia, florida, wyoming, montana, idaho, kansas
then finally settled in washington state just down the road from DAVEY! i did travel
canada once and lived for a while in saskachewan, i've traveled to china,hong kong and
s. korea once also. WASHINGTON STATE RULES!

phaeton

Auckland, New Zealand here - down the bottom of the South Pacific.

avisarr

Speaking of which, I am definitely coming down to see New Zealand sometime. I don't know when, might be years from now, but I swear I'm going to do a vacation down to New Zealand sometime. I want to see all of those fabulous locations where they filmed the Lord of the Rings movies. New Zealand just looks gorgeous.

Spence

Originally from a very very small town in Michigan (population of 50, not a typo), moved to Beaverton Oregon November of 2005.

tanis

wow. im from the fourth largest city in Tennessee, have been to over 30 states, the Bahamas, Jamaica, and Mexico. bout it  ;D
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

ziggyboo

Hey, tanis, anywhere near Bristol TN?  I go to the VA side of Bristol a lot. :)

dantjensen

And I am from the west coast of Denmark.

tanis

sweet. and Bristol is about three hours from Chattanooga. oh and Bart don't feel bad Belgium's kool in my opinion. btw r u flemish or french? jw
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Golanthius

I know this is an old post, but thought I'd respond...

I was born in Long Beach, CA...Lived in Huntington Beach for the first 10 years of my life...Moved to Pittsburg, CA in 1974...Lived in San Francisco for 10 years...Went to Japan, Diego Garcia, and the Phillipines when in the Navy...Recently moved to Boise, ID

warpmaster

I was born in Christchurch New Zealand in 1971 and we moved to Northern Ireland when i was one(my mums Irish) We moved back to NZ when i was three and stayed here till i was 12,then moved to Aussie.Spent 2 years in Aussie then moved back to New Zealand.