A few more questions if you don't mind

Started by Lance, December 24, 2006, 11:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

So a look at the Raw Materials of Ormek got me wondering. Where is the clay and sandstone mined at?

I hate to sound a bit sketchy here, but I assume that mos of the cotton and other large scale "pick it with your hands" produce are harvested by some kind of slaves? If not then how are they harvested then?

tanis

Well, assuming that the geology of Khoras meets with earth fairly well, anywhere on the surface should provide a fair source. Any areas near lakes, mountains, volcanoes, et cetera would be preferable for sandstone and clay. And as to raw textiles, even in the real world only the largest plantations can afford large enough groups of slaves, so the smaller farms would simply use the large extended family typical in an agricultural society to do the work, or maybe in some areas something like a co-op might be typical.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Lance

Yes yes yes, this I was all able to come up with on my own. My question wasn't were is it "possible" to mine sandstone.  ;) My question was, where do they mine sandstone?