mysterious regions

Started by sid6.7, September 09, 2005, 07:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid6.7

hmmm...an "area" called thallus? grallun? same place or 2 different regions?

inquirying minds want to know...

Kristian

Yes. I've wondered a bit about that too. In the glossary it's called Thallus, but in the continents section it's called Grallun. My guess is that it's the same place with two different names.
- Kristian

Delbareth

I already noticed that too.
With three persons pointing out this mistake, I'm sure that David will correct that quickly  ;)
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.

Kristian

But which will it be? I like Grallun better.  :)
- Kristian

Delbareth

Humph! I prefer Thallus!  ;)
We need a poll!  :D
Delbareth

avisarr

Yes, that's a mistake. And I would fix it quick, but like I said, I'm gonna be out of town for 4 days. It'll have to wait til I get back. :)

So, looks like we're tied. One vote for Thallus. One vote for Grallun. We need more votes. However, let me add this... I used "Thallus" in a short story once in a college writing class and people said it made them think of "Phallus". So, I tend to avoid that name now. :)

sid6.7

my vote is grallun.....but it would be kinda funny to leave it up
as thallus...then everyone would hunt for the mystery...

:)

avisarr

I think we'll do both. Grallun will be the "official" name and Thallus will be some obscure alternate name that resides in dusty tomes. That's the nice thing about naming stuff... many things in Earth's real history went by multiple names. So, whenever I can't decide, I use multiple names. Usually one official one and then all the rest are obscure, scholarly, academic names. :)

Delbareth

Just a little thought :
You can change Thallus in Thallun in order to avoid confusion and to be closer to Grallun.

my 2 eurocents
... just 1 in fact...
Delbareth

Phendar

I was in Thallus a long time ago... what a hole!
The wine is cheap and watery, moreso are their women.
"The pen is only mightier than the sword, until I cut off your arm."
-Phendar