Just wanted your opinion, David...

Started by tanis, August 21, 2008, 02:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanis

So, just wanted your opinion on DND 4th edition.

It's kinda crazy, but i think i like the dragonborn, at least.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

tanis

Oh I do like the paragon paths. The fact that building towards what you want for a character in terms of skills took away from your character's strength and such was the big failing of Prestige Classes. I like having diversity without it costing you the ability to use it effectively.

Haha anyways I'm having this awesome one-man conversation lmao.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

avisarr

I haven't seen 4th Edition yet. One of my friends told me that he had picked up a bunch of 4th edition books for me, but I haven't seen him in weeks and haven't acquired the books yet. I should call him. I am very curious about the new edition. As soon as I get the books and have a chance to read them, I'll post my thoughts on the forum. But no idea when that'll be.

tanis

Ok cool. They have some of the stuff posted on the Wizards website. They seem to be trying to improve the quality. They have a bunch of nice new flash based creators and generators in the works.

Delbareth

Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.

tanis

haha sure lmao

but remember the focus is the new system build lmao  :P

Delbareth

Ah... Ok, I don't know the new system but I bet my dices that it won't change the D&D philosophy. :(
Put all this stuff to trash and try something else  ;D
Delbareth
Les MJ ne sont ni sadiques ni cruels, ce sont juste des artistes incompris.

tanis

hahaha i've never played any table top rpg system so... i just try to keep up to date with DnD now that i at least know a little about it lmao.