Small one.

Started by tanis, October 16, 2009, 01:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanis

In the Draxorith page, when you mention the Avisarr, you say, "It is crafted from a translucent green crystalline substance known as vertrillium." This is all well and good, but in the description for the Crystal of Ynthar in your notes for The Warriors of the Mark Campaign, you said that the Thought Shard, which is green, was made from Thrithinium and the Essence Crystal, which is blue, is made from Vertrillium. Seeing as Vert is French for green, I would assume you just mixed the two up on accident?
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Golanthius

My thought on this is that the essence of Draxorith makes the Avisarr green since the pit in the Banishing Chamber is also swirling green vapor.

tanis

My problem isn't with the Avisarr being green, it's the fact that the same substance is said to be blue somewhere else in the site, and it would make more sense if they were both green, because of the word itself.

Though Draxorith IS 'green' when he's in a mist state, so that does add to the explanation of using a green crystal.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

avisarr

Well, this is from some VERY old material on the site, so I would take it all with a grain of salt. I'll probably rewrite that stuff anyway. (It's always the oldest stuff on the site that needs to be updated and rewritten the most...)

But for the record, there were originally 3 crystalline substances associated with body, mind and spirit. And the third one, Vertrillium, should be green. The base of the word "vert" comes from Old (and modern) French vert 'green', from Latin viridis. So, vert = green.

If any page says it's blue (or any other color), feel free to ignore that. I'll fix that later.

tanis

That's what I figured. I basically just wanted to make sure I wasn't stupid and point it out just in case.

Golanthius

Quote from: tanis on January 17, 2010, 10:32:02 AM
My problem isn't with the Avisarr being green, it's the fact that the same substance is said to be blue somewhere else in the site, and it would make more sense if they were both green, because of the word itself.

Though Draxorith IS 'green' when he's in a mist state, so that does add to the explanation of using a green crystal.

I realized that after I posted my reply...D'oh

tanis

Lol. We all do it sometimes.

avisarr

This has been fixed. Hey, look at that. It only took me a YEAR!  ;D

tanis

Hey it happens. I've been so wrapped up in school and relationship and everything else that I haven't touched any of the stuff I've been meaning to on here, not to mention my extensive reading list. >_>;

sid6.7

Quote from: David Roomes on February 07, 2011, 10:15:26 PM
This has been fixed. Hey, look at that. It only took me a YEAR!  ;D

thats funny....i haven' tocuhed my site in about as long...im lazy...