A chance of city maps?

Started by clitvin, December 23, 2005, 06:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clitvin

All of the towns/cities sound very cool, I was just wondering
if any maps of them would ever be put up.

avisarr

Yes. I have been planning on doing city maps for awhile. However, it's a big project. What I have in my head involves very large, very detailed maps. And I may or may not use Campaign Cartographer for the cities. There are some things about those maps that I don't like. I'll probably come up with my own method for generating the maps. I want them to look really good. Regardless, city maps are on the way. One at a time.

If you have a request for a specific city that you would like to see a map for, let me know and I'll make it a priority.

Kristian

Yeah, one of those would be cool. Oh, and I agree about Campaign Cartographer! I really dislike those maps - always have. It looks like they're done in MSpaint... or something similar.
- Kristian

avisarr

I'm going to be working on Asylum and the Citadel for all of January and probably into February too. I'll spend a good two months on those two cities. And yes, I'm going to post a city map for each of them. I'm going to do some tests to figure out the best way to create the look and feel I want for the city maps. It'll take awhile. But rest assured, the Spotlight is going to sit on those 2 cities until we have thoroughly explored them.

avisarr

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I'm working on the city of Asylum in January. Just Asylum. And February will be devoted to the Citadel. New information and details have already started to show up on Asylum. If you haven't seen it yet, give it a look. More Asylum info is coming.

As for the city maps, I'm going to try to get a city map of Asylum up before the end of the month. I'm working on the overall design right now. Once the design concept is mapped out, it'll be used for all the cities. So, the first couple of city maps might take a bit of time to get them up. But once the foundation work is done, the rest of them should come more easily... one city every month.

Stay tuned...

Kristian

This is very cool, David. I'm really looking forward to seeing this map.

(by the way, I'm back to working on the desert fauna. I'll propably have it ready to scan and mail in a few days... maybe  :))
- Kristian

avisarr

First of all, yes, the description of Hammerfall did end with "They", but it's been fixed. Actually, there were several grammatical errors and sentence fragments in the Asylum page, but I went through and fixed them all up. I hope I got them all.

Second, yes, Hammerfall is a really interesting part of the city. I can tell it's going to become one of my favorite parts. Actually, what's written on the Asylum page is just the tip of the iceberg. Very cool stuff regarding Hammerfall is coming... that's all I'm going to say for now. :) It's a surprise.

Finally, yeah Kristian!!!! More artwork. That's great news! I look forward to seeing the desert fauna. No rush.

Golanthius

Any plans to continue the city map project? I love the map of Asylum.
Suggest starting in the east, then work your way south. That seems to be where most of the travelling is done.

avisarr

On the drawing board, but it still may be a little while. I've promised someone to put the Warriors of the Mark campaign up next. So, after this month's spotlight, that'll be the next thing done. Then after that, maybe I can focus on one city a month. We'll see... been kind of busy lately with real life stuff.

Golanthius

Yeah, that real life stuff can get in the way...Would love to be able to game all the time.