Calendar

Started by Roman, December 13, 2014, 11:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roman

Where has the calendar with the different names for days etc gone? I can't seem to find it anymore. Either that, or I'm more tired than I thought.

sid6.7

Quote from: Roman on December 13, 2014, 11:04:36 AM
Where has the calendar with the different names for days etc gone? I can't seem to find it anymore. Either that, or I'm more tired than I thought.

goto physical world...then down to calender

here; http://khoras.net/Khoras/Planet/Calendar/Calendar.htm

Roman

Thank you. I knew it couldn't have disappeared. I just didn't think of linking 'physical world' to something like a calendar -- and the Search function didn't help either.

Thanks again!

David Roomes

It's funny you should mention that. Just the other day, I was thinking about the Calendar and its location on the website. I was wondering if the Calendar should, perhaps, be listed under Civilization, rather than Physical World. The calendar sort of straddles those two areas... the calendar is an artificial "thing" made by the civilized races which organizes a phenomenon of the natural world. So, it's sort of half way between the two.

Do you think it should be moved to Civilization?

Any opinions?

David M. Roomes
Creator of the World of Khoras

Roman

Personally I would place it under 'Civilisation' because it's an invention and not a natural phenomenon. (That, of course, is also why I was too stupid to look at 'Physical World' and find it...)

tanis

Yeah, I mean, it's technically a representation and ordering of a physical process, but it's definitely a cultural abstraction, so Civilization would work better.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

sid6.7

i could go either way, i hope that helps LOL ::)

David Roomes

Ok, that's two votes for Civilization. I think I'll move it. Maybe in a few days... :)
David M. Roomes
Creator of the World of Khoras