City Map of Drakkel

Started by David Roomes, July 02, 2017, 07:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Roomes

I just uploaded a city map of Drakkel. You can find it on the Drakkel city page. There are links to the map at four different sizes.

I tried to create a map that would be true to everything that has been written about Drakkel so far - including the short stories. Specifically, the third short story - The Jewel of the Wild Sea - took place mostly in Drakkel and it contributed to the placement of several buildings. I probably missed a few things and I already have a list of things that I want to change, improve, add. So, I'm going to call this "Version 1" of the Drakkel map. I may go back at some point and polish things a bit for Version 2. But I think Version 1 has all of the broad strokes in place. It captures most of what I wanted to capture that is.

I left a lot of the buildings unmarked. Most of them. I figure any game master who sets an adventure in Drakkel will need plenty of flexibility for his or her game. The GM might need a tavern here and a blacksmith there, so I think there's enough unmarked buildings in the current map that a GM can build whatever city is needed for the adventure.

However, all of the establishments mentioned on the Drakkel city page are on the map.

If anyone has any comments, critiques, questions or ideas on that map... let me know.

From here on out, I'm going to make the monthly spotlight focus on something small and specific... like a specific tavern or whatever. :)  And I'm going to try to get into the habit of including a piece of art to go with each monthly spotlight.

David M. Roomes
Creator of the World of Khoras