Morphian creation

Started by Eltern, March 20, 2006, 05:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eltern

Hey, I'm in the midst of designing big backstory stuff for my D&D campaign. I'm trying to keep everything occuring in my particular campaign in line with Khoras "canon" as presented on the website, because it makes it easier. You know, not needing to remember which stuff I changed and why. However, any place where the details are not yet written in, I'm taking my liberties  ;) Right now I'm trying to get a list of mages that -could- have worked the Irennian League's creation of the morphians.

My present list:
Project Lead: Jaidor
Assistants:
Rexilar
Nemiram
Sorov
Kadin

Rexilar goes on to use the principles of humanoid physical manipulation to create the phellysians. I'm thinking of saying Kadin went on to create the Avar. Sorov later defected to the Traxxians

Any other particular named mages who could have been around during that time? I think I have enough for now, but I'd like to know if there are any other people who already have some details about them that could be useful.

Thanks!

avisarr

Good question! Actually, I'm going to have to dig deep into the web site and the offline notes to answer that one. Can't get to it right now. Give me a few days. For now, I think your list is pretty good. I'll send you more data if I find any.

Eltern

I've been searching around the site, and those were just the names I pulled up. I haven't found anything else in particular, which is fine. If you don't think there is anyone else, I'm already set. From your description in the Jaidor Campaign, I won't find anything else that perfectly fits with the cannon. But if you spontaneously think of anything, let me know.

As a related question: Other than Rexilar, are there any particular mages who are known to have created a race? Ex. The Avar.

Thanks!

avisarr

Not really a separate race, but the Bathyns and the nation of Bathynia was spawned by a single sorcerer... in a way. Not through direct magical tinkering, but more through political and historical influence. So, not quite what you're looking for.

The Baenites were once a special breed of soldiers called adaptors. So, they were engineered by mages and later become an independent race. There wasn't one specific mage responsible for them and so again, this isn't exactly what you're looking for.

Can't think of any other specific individual mages that gave birth to an entire race. :)

Eltern

I hadn't read that bit about Threll Bathyn...Ah, so the Ruins of Threll would be a possible location for the Stone Phellysian. That sort of dates Rexilar before the creation of the morphians, though. Too late! :D Already have him very written into the story.  ;)

Do you have any notion of how the Avarians came to be? Or is that open ended?

Thanks for the help :-)

Eltern

Ah, nevermind. They came around just through mutation, according to the Avar history section.

avisarr

The Avarians are a bit open ended. Yes, it mentions evolution and mutation in their history, but histories can be wrong. Feel free to tinker with their origins for the purposes of a campaign.

Eltern

Alrighty, I think I'm good for now. Hopefully we'll play this Sunday, and then you can see what I'm cooking up in the story hour.